Mindset Study Launches Tomorrow
So much has happened with the mindset study A and I are planning. A quick overview:
- The principal of the middle school loved the idea. So we’re going to have close to 300 participants in our study. Can you say “statistically significant”?
- Here’s our announcement of the first meeting for this project:
- Brains! Yep, I’ve got a bucket full of sheep brains to pass around for kids to check out
- Field Trip! A used to do her psychology studies using FMRI, so one of the things we’ll do is take a field trip to a FMRI lab. So cool.
- Faculty interest:I had 2 faculty ask me questions about the project. One is coming to our first meeting, and the other (the service learning coordinator) wanted to let me know that she thought the project is awesome service learning, and to let her know if we need some funding.
- Interest: I’ve been mentioning it to my kids, and a number of them have said they are really interested. This is going to be a great chance to get some kids off the stress treadmill and into real, meaningful scientific work.
Have you ever wanted to do GROUNDBREAKING psychology research in your spare time that will give AMAZING insights into the brain, and possibly lead to fame and fortune? Come to R120 on Wednesday during backwork to hear about an EXCITING new research project being started by Dr. Moore and Mr. Burk that promises to transform the way you see your brain. Get psyched. Ps. If you come to the meeting, you’ll actually get to hold a real brain.
Anyway, I’m super psyched for this. I just finished the presentation we’re going to give tomorrow. Here it is: Mindset Study Presentation
The study also now has a blog: WMS Mindset Study